Monday, January 4, 2010

First week update

One week has passed since I have started my new disciplined life and I'm doing really well. I have exercised six out of the last seven days. I aimed for seven days, but on day four my muscles were screaming for a break and it did the world of good. For the first few days, I was exhausted, but my body seems to have adjusted and I have more energy. Today for the first time in many many months I didn't have an afternoon slump. 

Already I'm seeing results on the scales - I have lost 3 kilograms in one week!  Also, now that my blood sugar is under control, I am no longer craving sweet foods and my instances of hunger are much further apart.  I'm still walking 4 kilometers in the mornings. I find it tedious while I'm doing it, but once I get to that last 400m, I feel elated that I stuck with it. It's a wonderful feeling to accomplish something first thing in the morning.  I think I might need to invest in a cheap mp3 player to keep me interested long term though.  I'm using my exercycle for 30 minutes each evening, and I really enjoy that. It beats sitting on the couch and it prevents me from nibbling away infront of the television.

I'm so pleased with my progress in such a short time, I'm even more motivated to stick to it. So, I better get to bed, early morning again tomorrow!
xx Pandy

Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness. ~Edward Stanley

No comments:

Post a Comment